Image headers not propagated

Initialize, Create instrument, Splitting Script, Preparation.
Forumsregeln
Bitte die Beiträge kurz fassen, so kann man sie nachher besser finden. Sollte ein Problem gelöst sein, dann einen neuen Beitrag eröffnen. Ebenso wenn die Ursache eine ganz andere ist, oder es Offtopic wird.

Image headers not propagated

Beitragvon alex.tudorica » Samstag 25. Februar 2012, 05:30

Hi,

While reducing images from the WFC INT camera in binning 2x2 mode, the headers in the final images do not contain the UTSTART, DATE-OBS and other very important header keywords, irrespective of clicking on "Update header" or not. Creating a new camera splitting script that includes the keywords that I need, I get an error at line 1410 (see attachment) during the "Preparation, Split FITS/Correct header" phase.

Where am I making a mistake?

Thank you!

Alex
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
alex.tudorica

Re: Image headers not propagated

Beitragvon mischa » Samstag 25. Februar 2012, 20:42

Hey Alex,

"update header" only copies the zero order astrometric solution into the FITS headers, once the astrometry was run. this has nothing to do with your problem.

creating a new splitting script usually DOES NOT work per default for arbitrary new instruments. you will almost always have to manually adjust it and make sure that it makes sense. the reasons is that essentially NO observatory sticks to the FITS standard. they name their keywords whatever they like, or leave it to whatever some hardware engineer developing a controller came up with 20 years ago. WFC@ING is a particularly bad example.

copy the script in the attachment to THELI/gui/scripts/

and you should be fine ( i included the DATE-OBS keyword, which in the second part contains the time stamp that is called UTSTART in the WFC raw FITS headers).

cheers,

mischa
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
mischa

Zurück zu Kamerasetup, Spitting Script