Write Up for Inexperienced THELI Users

Was kann Theli ? Wo liegen die Vorteile gegenüber anderen Bildbearbeitungsprogrammen ?
Forumsregeln
Dieses nur lesbare Forum dient der Dokumentation und Beschreibung von Theli. Hier findet Ihr wichtige und nützliche Informationen zur Software Theli.
Das Forum kann nur von Moderatoren beschrieben werden. Wenn Ihr also Beiträge für dieses Forum habt, dann macht einen Moderator darauf aufmerksam.

Write Up for Inexperienced THELI Users

Beitragvon a.bauer » Dienstag 27. August 2019, 07:09

Hello fellow data scientists!

As a component of an undergraduate research project, my advisor had me complete a write up on THELI, detailing how to use it and what each module does, with some added explanations/recommendations for inexperienced data scientists (like I was not too long ago). Mischa was kind enough to give us permission to post it here for anyone to use.

Note that this is not intended to replace the documentation in any way. In fact, most of the information you will come across in this write up is taken directly from the documentation; our goal was to simply reinterpret this information in a more digestible way. This manual is meant to be a supplementary resource to amateur astronomers who are using THELI (or reducing data) for the first time. We hope that, for those folks, this write up is a bit more readable than the professional documentation might be.

If any improvements can to be made, feel free to email the address that is at the end of the document. I am happy to answer questions, make improvements, or make corrections.

Cheers, and best of luck!

Link to file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VnwIqk ... sp=sharing
a.bauer

Re: Write Up for Inexperienced THELI Users

Beitragvon mischa » Sonntag 8. September 2019, 21:53

Hi Adam,

I'm glad you got it out :-)
Perhaps you should post the link in the "astronomy software" section on cloudynights.com as well. As far as I know, there's a number of people interested.

Best,

mischa
mischa

Beitragvon a.bauer » Montag 7. Oktober 2019, 09:34

HI Mischa,

Will do! Thank you for letting me know!

Cheers,
Adam
a.bauer

Beitragvon theli_admin » Mittwoch 13. November 2019, 17:58

Ich habe das mal hier rein kopiert, da ich finde es paßt besser in dieses Thema. Es wurde aber ein zusätzlicher Link im alten Post gesetzt.

Thomas
Administrativer User mit allen Rechten in diesem Forum.
theli_admin
Administrator

Zurück zu Was ist Theli ? / What is Theli ?